About Hyman Hayes
HHA’s architectural services go well beyond building renovations and new construction. Our forensics investigation services include evaluating and providing solutions for roof failures, moisture issues, structural and exterior envelope concerns.
HHA’s interior design department sees that each clients needs are met by educating and providing them with the most durable, cost effective and visually appealing finishes for their space.
OUR MISSION | Plain and simple – good design that exceeds client expectations and a work environment that allows staff to flourish.
HISTORY | Initially established in 1992 as MKH Designs, the firm was awarded its first healthcare project in 1995. The challenges of healthcare design became a firm passion and our continued success lead to steady growth. In 2001 founding principal Myles Hyman partnered with Stanley Hayes. The firm was restructured, relocated, and became Hyman Hayes Associates. While we continued to focus on healthcare design we expanded our focus to include projects with similar project processes including higher education, government and corporate work. Our unique history includes:
- 2004 | HHA received our first NYS agency project with the Office of General Services (OGS) for the renovation and expansion of NYS Department of Environmental Conservation’s Warrensburg Regional Office.
- 2010 | The Warrensburg project was a LEED Silver rating and became the first LEED-rated building in the Adirondacks as well as the standard of design for subsequent renovations to facilities for the NYS DEC.
- 2011 | HHA added DASNY and the State University Construction Fund to our public sector client list.
- 2015 | HHA made several strategic moves to ensure the firm maintained its advantages in a competitive market. First HHA acquired Loucks/Franko Architecture. Sharing HHA’s commitment to quality and client service, this acquisition brought two experienced professionals to our staff with expertise that enhanced our design and technical abilities.
- 2016 | HHA expands services to include Structural Engineering. Justin Pechar, a partner with a high profile structural engineering firm, joined HHA to develop our structural engineering group.
- 2017 | Completed 20 years of continuous work with Saratoga Hospital and Albany Medical Center.
- 2019 | HHA receives LEED Silver Certification for Albany Medical Center’s new Massry Family Children’s Emergency Center from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). This is the firm’s first large-scale project-certification in the healthcare sector.
Today Hyman Hayes is a 25 person firm which constantly ranks in the top ten firms in the Capital Region based on billings. Our main area of expertise and focus is still healthcare with many of our current clients having continually worked with us for over two decades. We also have a significant portfolio in government projects, commercial offices, interior design, and structural engineering. While our main concentration of work is in the Capital District, projects developed and successfully completed by HHA can be found throughout New York.